This ROM is based on the official HTC Eclair 2.1. Thanks Behnaam for the kernel sources and Paul@Modaco for his repack.
As I am not a Sense fan, interface-wise I've replaced some of the icons, sounds and some other goodies. I have to say that I find it pretty usable, but even so I prefer vanilla. Anyway, I'm sure that some of you will like it . I built this to be more usable than the default 2.1 Sense.
- stable and fast kernel, pre-overclocked @ 691MHz / 160MHz
- tweaked internal task killer, scheduler and battery life management
- all hardware working
- A2SD - enabled by default if you have an EXT partition on your SDCard
- Launcher PRO
- very fast boot process(~40s)
- included modules(cifs, cryptoloop, loop, tun, ramzswap)
- USB tethering works properly
- compcache (using heyodee's script)
- excellent battery life
- you can change music volume while the device is on sleep mode
- youtube HD
First boot will take a few minutes, don't panic.
I have also included LauncherPRO in case you're not a Sense fan. To enable it, go to Settings>Applications>Manage applications>HTC Sense>Clear defaults. Then press the home button and choose Launcher Pro from the list.
CAUTION: YOU NEED THE NEW RADIO(63.18.55.06OU_6.35.15.01).
How do I enable Apps2SD?
Apps2SD is enabled automatically if you have an EXT2/3 partition on your SDCard.
Can I use SetCPU or OverclockingWidget?
Yes, you can, but you can't do anything with it because the frequency table only contains three elements. I suggest you live it as it is.
I don't know. I'm a vanilla fan and I can't say I enjoy sense. Everything works great in this ROM, and I will update it if I manage to improve it in any way.
At the first boot, I can see the Android boot animation but then the screen goes green.
Don't panic, it still does its thing - building dalvik-cache to be more specific. At the next boot it won't do it again.
DOWNLOAD ChocolateEclair 1.0 @ 691/160
Lokernel @576/245 - flash this over the ROM if you get FCs or boot/wakeup issues